Friday, September 23, 2022

Dear

 Dear….


Hello, and eternal tidings, Bradley Family. I’ll not dally and I'll get to the gnawing torture that's plagued me all my remaining life, it's Rusty’s death. When I hear a certain song, and today it was Gerry Rafferty’s Right Down The Line, like so many of those great songs they immediately send me drifting back to when I and Rusty would be laughing and hanging out and trying to figure out this life, they were so many fun times, we were so young, bent on conquering this world, and realizing how cold and bitter this life truly is. But, I immediately go back in time and relive it for a brief stay, and the thoughts are livid with colors of those Spring and Fall days with Rusty, I never went anywhere unless Rusty would be there, my sidekick for life, even though Alan Greer seemed to steer him in the direction of unethical principles that we both were raised and railed against. I pride myself on being a moral person, I've never intended to hurt anyone. Though, with my reckless ways, I'm quite sure I did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...