Thursday, July 4, 2019

The Last Duke Of Kentucky(pg. 8)


     We pulled in the parking lot at Del-Mar's Hotel on a thin prayer and three wheels, I got out the car and ordered 2 rooms adjoining each other because I had to be up early the next day, I always rose early from bed regardless how hungover from booze or love.  
     "Now Joey, I have to be up at 8:00 in the morning and be on the road, so let's move it okay tomorrow morning," I said with conviction. 
     "No problem dude," he said while grabbing one of those gals and headed toward the room, I still had the prettiest I thought, but both gals were gorgeous. 
     I made love to this lovely gal for about three hours, I had no idea what came over me but I guess it had to do with what was under me. She moaned out loud enough where the whole town could hear, guess I was a king for another night in a small town. Time capsules of memory are what keeps us alive for another day, looking back on this night was an extraordinary memory of that eventful day and night, but nothing stays forever but these reminiscent fleeting leaflets of precious moments. 
     The morning sun never forgets to rise in the east and my internal clock always rises with it, I snuck out of bed and took a quick shower, and grabbed a newspaper and read the news while they slept for another hour, I was ready, yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery and today's a gift. The hour of that morning was so quiet and peaceful, the evening vampires were headed to their beds and the commuters to work. 
     I opened the adjacent door and turned on the lights and hollered, "up and Adam, let's go!" 
     "Man, let me sleep for another hour," Joey weakly screamed out. 
     "Where're your keys?" I said, not messing around anymore, I told him in advanced last night. We got to the hotel at 9:00, he had plenty of time to sleep and screw, now I was headed to my car regardless if he came or not. 
     "Damn dude, it's 8:00 in the morning!" 
     "What did I tell you last night?" I said as I thumbed around his pants pockets and found the keys.
     "I'm gone in ten minutes, if you are not in the car, I'm gone!" 
     I headed out to the car, and it smelled of whiskey and stink, but started up this old pile of junk, and waited for them but only for ten minutes. I had no time this morning because I made this abundantly clear last night. I sat there five minutes, and out they came, they both looked a mess and disoriented but I had to be in Louisville at 10:00.
     "Damn dude, you could've at least let us taken a shower," Joey muttered out.
     "You said no problem last night, now you're bitching, once I get to my car at Joe's you and your gals can head back to the hotel and sleep until they throw you out at noon I don't care," I said in retaliation.

                                                                     8

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...