Monday, June 3, 2019

The Little People(pg. 4)


     My mom assured me he would be okay once he stopped drinking, she then called my uncle Bobby, my dad's brother who is my favorite of all uncles, this man is my hero, love him like no other-nonpareil, uncle Bobby could handle my dad effortlessly, dad left with him without incident of any kind, uncle Bobby's system of slowly weaning him off the booze was even better because dad wasn't here in our household, we all got a decent night's rest without dad walking around at night in harm's way. 
     I wanted to know more about these DTs, so I headed to the library, and was astounded of what I've found, they're like shaman-like trances brought on by depletion of water and food, Lord, my dad wouldn't eat food for several weeks, but would take a gulp of water by the bed from the gallon of water we always placed beside him, he simply went into this altered state of consciousness, while some who enter this realm have either a benevolent vision or a malevolent vision, my dad had a dreadful and horrid vision of "little people" and it tormented him. My dad simply went far past the supernatural realm of the sane, he entered the realm of Hell. Many times this type of sickness pushes them to the brink of insanity or death. 
     I searched endlessly about some reference to the "little people" and found that the North American Indian tribe of the great Cherokee had the Yunwi Djunsti or "Little People" who were two feet tall with long hair, they are known to lead people lost in the woods and to their deaths, they have been known to throw sticks and arrows and to drive that person to insanity and eventually to their own death.  
     My God I thought poor dad. He has endured more pain than the average drunk, his misery is far worse than I thought and we must get him some professional help. A month past and uncle Bobby brought dad home sober and clean, we were very thankful. But, for how long? 
     "Hey, dad, welcome home,"  I said with vigorous enthusiasm.
     "I'm sorry for hurting anyone and I love you all very much," dad said with a bleeding heart and I truly believed he meant it. 

                                                                        4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...