Monday, June 24, 2019

The Last Duke Of Kentucky(pg. 3)


     We moved to Louisville later that year, I found a job, but it wasn't enough for a family of three, so I enrolled in the University of Louisville. There I found refuge in education and a timeout from a woman who always wanted more, far more than my supplement of a pittance, and a spoiled rotten son who refused to work. I eventually grew tired of this, for I was 15 years younger than my wife, my virility still much intact, so divorce was inevitable, we moved our separate ways, and I never missed one step as far as picking up and loving and leaving women, life was too short, way too short having an old hag yapping down my throat at every turn. Goodbye Bunny, sayonara, good luck I said, at a distance, I'd love to have seen her eyes when those divorce papers showed up at her mailbox, mistakes made are experiences rendered.
     I moved back to Bardstown on the weekends and stayed with my dearest mother in a quiet room in her duplex condo, there in Bardstown again I found my welcoming, old friends, young women, and endless entertainment. I frequently attended this bar called the Bluegrass Tavern, there I would drink my beer and shoot the bull, and picked up the endless young gals that entered there. One particular Friday night here enters Joey Hilton, who was bigger than he ever was, he just got out of prison and clearly, he pumped a lot of pain in there. He saw me and immediately headed my way, told me his life story in a minute, and more importantly, said he was broke. 
     "Hey Tim, can I borrow twenty?" He said with despair and sympathy.
     "I haven't found a job yet, I just got out of prison," he added.
     "I guess, but promise to pay me back," I said knowing that was a stupid promise, no one in Bardstown ever paid a soul back. 
     Joey said, "thanks Tim, love you, brother!" 
     Joey then shot pool awhile, and I drank a few and then met up with a young pretty gal and we left together and headed out to my buddy's home. I was enjoying my single status. These gals in Bardstown were plentiful and beautiful and thought what a fool was I for marrying an older lady who didn't have any education beyond the school who dismissed her. Things were looking up, and I was enjoying one of the best summers of my life. 

                                                                       3
       . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...