Thursday, March 14, 2019

Walking A Tightrope Over The Ohio River(pg. 6)


     We usually all got back to the hotel, took our showers, and hit the air-conditioning and took a load off our legs because many days the temperature would rise over a hundred degrees on that bridge and it took us a while to cool off and beers worked like a charm for us. 
     Stingray had so much energy, he was always restless, I was tired because I packed everything, but he always took a shower and was gone, but this time I headed with him, Spencer and Seeger waited back in the hotel rooms waiting to take their showers. I finally got the front passenger seat and was the co-pilot, and I immediately threw in a cassette of some old Allman Brothers, and the song Blue Skies came on and blew me away, we smoked one, and I was so content, but we were in search of some women. 
   The gals would walk the streets in Madison with the shortest of shorts and always waved, but poor Milton was a ghost town, it had no Main Street worth mentioning, we pulled over to this cut-throat bar, and I didn't like it at all, absolutely zero women, we drank a beer and headed out and jumped back into the van, I then noticed two hot babes walking on the street, I told Stingray to pull up beside them and he did. 
     "Hey there!" I screamed out.
     "Hey back at ya," said the cute long haired blonde walking up toward us. I was immediately smitten.
     "Where does everyone around here go for fun?" I inquired and gawking at her hot body and heavenly face. Stingray just sat quiet and let me take the reins. 
     "Oh, nothing ever happens in this shitty town, we go the next county over," she said being over friendly. I really liked her, instant attraction. 
     "Y'all have boyfriends?" I asked while praying they didn't.
     "I broke up with mine," she said, and that was just what I wanted to hear.
     "What about your cute friend, cat got her tongue or she just doesn't talk to strangers? I said laughing aloud. 
     " Oh, I talk, but I see no action," she said, winking.

                                                                   6 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...