Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Last Seat(pg.3)


     Rusty moved through the naked woods like a marathoner, and I was freezing to death, I almost started back but trudged on and finally caught up to him at the steep cliff, and looked down below, I was nearly exhausted and almost frostbitten, and I screamed, "man, I'm headed back, I'm freezing!" Rusty then out of pity, handed me his warm coat and I put it on and felt immediate relief. We then slid down this jagged cliff, Kentucky's an endless cavern of limestone and rock, North American Indians have longed utilized these caves as shelter, but with careful placing of feet and hands we managed to climb down this incline of hellish torture, my hands were cut and cold, the ice sliced through like a knife, we reached the bottom, and I sat down to catch my breath.
     Rusty said, "I want to show you something."
     I thought what now, but managed to say, " Alright, but let's make it quick." 
There behind two huge boulders hidden so well was an entrance, and Rusty had his stolen lighter, lit the way through this dark, dank, and dangerous cave. 
     "Where in the hell are we?" I said scared shitless. 
Rusty then came to a circular room in the cave, where a stone monument of what looked like a throne or chair, and then complete darkness hit us, "damn, what's going on?" I screamed. 
     "Man, my hands got hot, the lighter is bright red." Rusty fired back. 
Rusty then sat on that huge throne, and on it looked like some inscription that I had no idea what it read or meant, whatever it read was ancient and buried under years of cave dust and mold. 
     "Hey, let's head back before your lighter goes completely out!" I screamed out in fear.
Rusty then nodded, but first looked behind the stone throne and there was some old book
that had an inch of cave dust on it, so Rusty picked it up and tucked it in his shirt and pants, and out of that cave we went.  
Finally, we made it outside, and I asked Rusty, "How did you ever find this place?"
    "We lost a bull last spring, and my dad made us go out and find him, and I never came down here before so I was curious, and noticed this strange entrance by accident," Rusty said serving up my query. 
                                                                                3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...