Monday, August 5, 2019

The Night Empties


The night empties into the silence of an unending
assault of gloom, there the madness rampages and will
not let go of the drifting hopelessness, this devolution
dials up self-destruction and aimless hope, where many
find refuge in prayer and some secular omnipotent and
cadger who grants wishes to good-doers I do not, and I
loathe the savant smith who wrote the bible to oppress
the weak-minded- hark this bullshit; so, I just sit here
biding my time waiting for Godot's knock, and while you
scowl at my beliefs I mock yours and your demented
ontogeny of opal hope, this god you adore truly hates
everything he created and then he smites every living
thing in his wake, if he exists there should be one High
Court appointed to charge him with multitudes of
epic carnage, there let judgment ring high; and I will
traverse back to black of nothingness where atoms
dart to find more soulless beings to annihilate and
wreck havoc upon the chance of existence. Adieu,
glad to have known you.

- John Hardesty

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...