Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Grand Finale



The uncertainty of the insanity,
waiting for the outcome,
the flustering finish,
to lope the boundary
beyond life's emblem
that separate man and myth,
to hoist above the earthly petard
that holds every creature to
this opprobrium we so lastingly 
hold on to for dear life, 
an incredible journey, we all cross
this nubilous and dubious barrier 
of disposition, we all run from it, conceal 
it with work, play, and monotony,
but, in the end, we lose it all, 
for my god is the morning star that 
shines through my window, this god
warms me, feeds me, and nourishes me,
unlike the myth that does not yield 
anything other than an obligation of
bent knees and tithe, I'll take my chances
breathing in despair than losing it to 
some obnoxious fable that steals and replaces 
my happiness with guilt and oppresses
my self-worth, no puckish allegories,
no more wasting away my life with
some penchant of salvation that destroyed
half my life with a lie. 

 - John Hardesty 





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...