Monday, January 28, 2019

My Loving Lark

I wake up every morning and 
gather in the slaught of thoughts, so thankful
for this grand impetus who wrought 
me this unique songbird; 
this distinct wonder chirps the most
loving sonnets while looking right at me,
for I am enthralled with her serenade, for 
this tiny marvel rivals Mozart in every 
remarkable reprise and splendid melody,
her pitching tone and melancholic litany-
so mournful- a perfect authentic cadence of trills from
this magnificent rarity, possibly her loving
hymn a lost requiem, though her reflective 
pitch is angelic as the highest chord, she brings
me to tears, for so much beauty in such a small
creature for whom sings to me her morning matins
at my front doorway is beyond heavenly.

- John Hardesty 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...