Monday, December 24, 2018

Midnight Blues


Do you ever feel the pale tone of midnight's gloom?
The way it suffocates and takes the air out of the room;
That twinge that leaves you in a state of complete void,
The heartache of loss and thoughts you can't avoid;
Is it the Divine Creature's tool of defense?
To make us mortals inferior to His recompense? 
O that feeling hits me in the saddest part of the year,
When memories huddle in good cheer,
So when my eyes may look in a distant view,
It's because my pain won't wane from you,
I list my deeds and paid my dues,
But, heartache forever endears these midnight blues. 

- John Hardesty 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mornings Are Hell

The mornings bring their misery and reassurance  of my life’s decline, hollow the marrow of life, empty the cup of hope and filled the plate...